Whenever I think of Christmas time and Christmas treats, I think back to my childhood when my Nana would come to visit with freshly baked molasses and gingerbread cookies! Although nothing can compare to her perfect recipe, I was curious if I could come up with a recipe that would taste similar, but is gluten and sugar-free with a whole lot of nutrient dense ingredients like blackstrap molasses! Although a lot of us are aware of the amazing healing effects of ginger, little is often know about the great health benefits of blackstrap molasses!
Here are just a few of the amazing health properties of blackstrap molasses!
1. It is an excellent source of manganese - an antioxidant that fights free radicals, to which do damage to our cells and DNA. As a result, it is considered a "cancer preventative" food.
2. It contains many nutrients critical for bone health including iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and copper!
3. It provides a temporary boost of energy!
4. It is very high in iron. In fact, just one tablespoon provides us with around 20% of our Daily Value of Iron!
5. It is very high in Calcium. In fact, just one tablespoon will provide you with over 17% of the Daily Value!
Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you Enjoy!
Leave a Reply.